Hi ho hi ho...


Not strictly showing I know, but I wanted to review one of most favourite recent (ish) purchases from Hiho Silver. Based in the Somerset countryside, the company tours the county show and event circuit. I had a great experience shopping with them at Royal Windsor…

I had a VERY bad experience with another equestrian jewellers a couple of years ago and have since being a little wary of others out there. Silly I know; they shouldn’t all be tarred with the same brush!

Anyway, I’d been looking for a simple, everyday bracelet for a while, something that would make it look like I’d had time to put jewellery on in the morning, when I came across Hiho Silver at Windsor Horse Show. Thinking back I’d probably come across them before but this was my first proper look at the stand given that I knew the kind of thing I was after.

The jewellery is beautifully displayed on their stand and I quickly realised I could quite easily be spoilt for choice.

I eventually settled on a Sterling Silver And Two Tone Belt Buckle Bangle (below) having tried on quite a few different styles. This bracelet is perfect for me as I have the wrist size of a 5 year old and the fully working belt buckle design with five holes means it easily goes small enough. The buckle design, I think, is pretty quirky and I hadn’t seen anything like it before. As much as I LOVE the bit bracelets, I’m too paranoid it would slip off without me noticing but with this one, I knew it would stay put!



As if I needed another reason to be convinced about the bracelet was the fact that it was only £65. Okay, not the kind of money you would spend on jewellery everyday but reasonable enough for you to treat yourself every now and again without feeling guilty, and without feeling even worse if you manage to lose or damage it. Given my outdoor-sy lifestyle the risk factor for this is always slightly higher.

As I mentioned at the beginning, my customer service experience with these things hasn’t been too rosy in the past but the Hiho girls were the perfect mix of attentive and helpful without being too pushy and salesy. They let me try on lots of different styles (sometimes more than once!), helped with getting them on and off and offered honest advice…and as a total aside they’re fabulously glamourous. Their website cites their mantra as ‘Luxury is achieved when service is intuitive and goes beyond obligation’ and I’d definitely say this was true of my experience. I can’t wait to have an excuse to treat myself again!

If you’re lucky enough to be heading off to Burghley, Blair or Blenheim Horse Trials be sure to head over to their stand, or check out http://www.hihosilver.co.uk @Hihotweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...